Lakeland Orienteering Club (LOC) has members living in the area from Barrow and Millom in the West to Kirkby Stephen in the East, and from Shap in the North to Carnforth in the South.
Summary line enter here
There are many ways to enjoy the sport of orienteering.
- Competitive events from small local ones to large (2000 people+) national/international ones.
- Virtual (smartphone/watch) courses, where the controls are virtual.
- Permanent Orienteering Courses with markers on the ground.
How to volunteer
Summary line for Event Related Info
The following list of useful links covers clubs, associations and other aspects of orienteering.
The Maprun LOC courses are normal orienteering courses except that there are no physical markings on the ground identifying the location of the control sites. Instead, you use the Maprun app on your phone. It will ‘beep’ at each control site.
Maprun is an app which runs on both Android and Apple mobile phones and GPS enabled tablets. It can be downloaded free of charge.
If you are thinking about starting orienteering Lakeland Orienteering Club is the best place to be. There is so much experience within the club. Everyone is friendly and willing to help......read more from Laura
Welcome to the LOC coaching page
- Development Plan 2018-2019
- IOF Middle Distance Description
- Sportident contactless punching operation
- SI manager equipment and services
- Creating the Event Description files from Purple Pen
- First Aiders
- Event Information
- Emergency Event Cancellation Procedure
- Organising and Planning Events
- Organising Major and National events