How to join
Membership of Lakeland Orienteering Club also includes membership of British Orienteering – the national governing body for the sport. You can join as a Senior member (aged 21 or older on 31 December of the membership year) or a Junior member (aged 20 or younger on 31 December of the membership year).
How much does membership cost?
The cost is dependent on which membership type Senior, Junior or Family. The following table shows the cost for the 2020 season.
- Senior – any member aged 21 or older on 31 December of the membership year
- Junior – any member aged 20 or younger on 31 December of the membership year
The membership fee consists of 3 parts; The club, North West Orienteering Association and the sports governing body, British Orienteering.
As a member you will receive:
- Discounts from national companies through the member discounts scheme (click here for a full list of discounts available)
- The option to sign up for a range of e-newsletters
- Eligibility to compete in the United Kingdom Orienteering League
- Opportunity to qualify to represent your country at international competitions
- The option to compete in a Rankings scheme
- Eligibility to apply for awards under the British Orienteering Badge Scheme
- Access to a ‘Navigational Challenge’ and ‘Racing Challenge’ Incentive Scheme
- Public Liability Insurance when participating in events and activities registered with British Orienteering
- The papers and vote rights at the British Orienteering AGM
- Access to a members only section of the website
This takes you to the British Orienteering website to complete the online form. The club and association will be be pre-filled using this link, you just need to add your personal details.
See other entries Categorised under: Club Info