THINKING ABOUT JOINING?
Why not join now and become part of our friendly and welcoming club with lots of activities to enjoy throughout the year. Our Member’s Welcome Leaflet contains all the important information you need to know about the club.
To get the most out of your membership and the orienteering community we recommend that you join British Orienteering as well as joining Lakeland Orienteering Club. Examples of the many membership benefits are listed lower down this page.
Lakeland Orienteering Club are very keen to encourage new members into our club. We are currently offering membership completely free to:
- Newcomers to orienteering (for a free introductory year)
- All juniors
Please use the following link to join LOC if you are eligible for this offer. New Member form
HOW MUCH DOES MEMBERSHIP COST?
The membership fee consists of 3 parts; The club, North West Orienteering Association and British Orienteering.
Existing member renewal fees are as stated in the first column.
The remaining columns apply to new members, including those who have completed a free trial year with LOC.
Existing British Orienteering members renewal fee
New members joining
New members joining
May – 31st
New members joining
(age 26 and above)
(up to age 20)
(2 adults and any number of juniors living at the same address)
Membership Terms and Conditions
By joining LOC, all members agree to abide by the British Orienteering terms and conditions which can be found on the website and comply with British Orienteering and Lakeland Orienteering Club policies.
JOIN LOC and British Orienteering ONLINE HERE
This takes you to the British Orienteering website to complete the online form. The club and association will be be pre-filled using this link, you just need to add your personal details.
There are lots of benefits of joining Lakeland Orienteering Club.
As a member, you will...
- be part of an active, vibrant, welcoming and successful club.
- be part of a club with local events throughout the year including most Wednesday evenings.
- represent the club at regional Gallopen events.
- receive regular e-mail updates providing news, articles, upcoming events and recent results.
- get to know other members
- have the opportunity to attend members-only events
- have access to experienced coaches, LOC coaching sessions and opportunities for development
- be able to access a number of local novice and technical Maprun orienteering courses to explore at a time to suit you.
- become involved in the running of events
- Free access to mentoring and training in areas such as course planning, event organisation, first aid, SI timing and coaching.
- A chance to meet others who share your interests and aspirations,
Also, as a junior member...
- Your LOC membership is free.
- There is no fee to take part in LOC events
- You will have the opportunity to take part in our incentive schemes to earn badges and certificates.
- You will be invited to junior club days and coaching opportunities.
- You will have the chance to progress into regional & national talent squads & teams.
By becoming a British Orienteering member, you will receive these additional benefits:
- You will be eligible to compete in major competitions such as the British Championships
- Your successes will be recognised through the 'Navigational Challenge' and 'Racing Challenge' incentive schemes
- Qualify for discounts on entry fees at some orienteering events.
- You can access discounts from our partners a full list of discounts can be found here
- You will be able to score Ranking points at all Regional, National and Major Events (if you are 16 or over)
- You will have access to many resources in the members' section of the website
- You will have Public Liability Insurance when participating in events and activities registered with British Orienteering
- You will be able to receive the monthly member email newsletter
- You can vote at the British Orienteering Annual General Meeting