Sprint Race 1 - Ulverston Victoria High School
Part of September 2021 Sprint Series
Wed 15 Sep 2021
Type of event: Local, Sprint
Type of terrain: School
Results and analysis links (Winsplits & Routegadget) are now available here for tonight's event.
Thank you for joining us on a glorious evening at Ulverston Victoria High School, we hope you enjoyed the event ! Many thanks to Emily for planning, Graham as Series Co-ordinator and the SI Team of Ali & Mike.
Any questions on the results, please drop us a line at
Pre Event Info
Nearest town: Ulverston
- Grid Ref:
- Latitude: 54.18876
- Longitude: -3.09486
- Google Map
- Streetmap (OS 50k)
- Bing Map (OS 50k)
Registration & Start Times
Start times from 16.45-18.00.
Courses will close at 18.15 and the site must be cleared by 18.45
There will be 2 sprint courses of 1.5 - 2km plus a course suitable for beginners. You can run either of the sprint courses or both, times will not be combined for both.
Map scale is 1:2000
If you are likely to to take 20 mins + on either Sprint course, please do enter in the first start block once entries open.
Explanation of colour courses
- White are very easy with all controls on paths. They are mainly used by 6-10 year olds and family groups.
- Yellow use simple linear features like paths, walls and streams. They are mainly used by under 12’s and family groups.
- Orange progress to basic use of the compass and route choice. They are ideal for novice adults or experienced youngsters.
- Light Green are ideal for improvers as the navigational difficulty begins to increase and uses simple contours and point features.
- Green are used mostly by experienced under 18’s and adults wanting a short but challenging course with a very hard navigational difficulty.
- Blue are a longer, more physically demanding course in comparison to the green. The distances are more varied between controls and the course attracts experienced orienteers.
- Brown & Black are very physically demanding and have a very hard navigational difficulty. They are for experienced orienteers only.
- Score means visiting as many controls as possible in any order in a specific time, like 45mins.
Entries closed on 12th September, you can check your entry and start block via SI Entries here.
Typical school site with several buildings, playing fields and small blocks of woodland.
No dogs allowed at all please
Contacts / Officials
Coordinator: Graham Capper
Planner/Organiser: Emily Turner
Safety and Risk: A comprehensive risk assessment will have been carried out by the organiser.
Runners MUST download even if they retire so we can be sure everyone is back and that we do not need to start a search and rescue.
Participants take part at their own risk and are responsible for their own safety during the event.
Help and Information: Anyone needing any advice about Orienteering should talk to the Organiser.