Retro event - Rusland (POSTPONED)
Sun 30 Jan 2022
Unfortunately, the serious damage caused to local infrastructure by Storm Arwen has delayed final planning but final event details will follow as soon as possible.
Entry for the all courses is now open on SiEntries but for the Yellow course there will also be some EOD particularly aimed at newcomers and families - see 'Registration & Start Times' section.
Splits printouts will be provided at Download but there will be NO results on display at the event. The results will be presented on the LOC website ASAP afterwards as usual.
The Start list including start times will be included in the 'Registration & Start Times' section after entries have closed.
As usual the controls including the Finish will be SiAC enabled.
We advise a sensible approach to covid restrictions with social distancing & use of hand sanitisers & to respect the concerns of other competitors.
Type of event: Local, Social
Type of terrain: Woodland
Pre Event Info
- Grid Ref:
- Google Map
- Streetmap (OS 50k)
- Bing Map (OS 50k)
Registration & Start Times
Entry for the all courses must be made on SiEntries (open soon) with 15 minute start blocks from 10.30 - 12.00 where an available entry time slot can be booked and payment made online. Entries will be limited to 90.
Helpers should contact the Organiser before entering to get the helper code to reduce the cost of entry.
Additionally, for the Yellow course only there will also be some EOD particularly aimed at newcomers and families, please contact Carol McNeill () for these courses.
Hire Si Cards will be available free of charge at the event but there will be the usual £30 fee for a lost SI Card.
In order to manage the flow of runners through the start all runners must use the selected start window if possible.
Any entry queries which cannot be sorted out on the Si Entries website should be addressed to before the event, or at Download on the event day before you go to the start.
Unless they have any queries about their entry competitors can go directly to the Start for their booked start time.
The following courses will be available:
The Long and Short courses will be technical (TD5).
The map scale will be 1:7500.
There will be a safety control after the Finish, please punch there as you go past as it is an important part of our safety strategy.
The Start will be 600m from parking and it will be 500m from the Finish back to Download.
Course will close at 14.30.
Please remember to return to Download as soon as possible when you have finished your run.
Explanation of colour courses
- White are very easy with all controls on paths. They are mainly used by 6-10 year olds and family groups.
- Yellow use simple linear features like paths, walls and streams. They are mainly used by under 12’s and family groups.
- Orange progress to basic use of the compass and route choice. They are ideal for novice adults or experienced youngsters.
- Light Green are ideal for improvers as the navigational difficulty begins to increase and uses simple contours and point features.
- Green are used mostly by experienced under 18’s and adults wanting a short but challenging course with a very hard navigational difficulty.
- Blue are a longer, more physically demanding course in comparison to the green. The distances are more varied between controls and the course attracts experienced orienteers.
- Brown & Black are very physically demanding and have a very hard navigational difficulty. They are for experienced orienteers only.
- Score means visiting as many controls as possible in any order in a specific time, like 45mins.
The entry fees are:
- Seniors: £5
- Junior & Students: £3
Contacts / Officials
Organiser: Judy Burge
Planner: Iain Smith-Ward
Safety and Risk: A comprehensive risk assessment will have been carried out by the organiser.
Runners MUST download even if they retire so we can be sure everyone is back and that we do not need to start a search and rescue.
Participants take part at their own risk and are responsible for their own safety during the event.
Help and Information: Anyone needing any advice about Orienteering should talk to the Organiser.