Park Sprint Race 2 - Fell Foot Park
Part of the LOC 2019 Park Sprint Race series
Wed 11 Sep 2019
The best 3 results will count to the overall series results with prize giving at the final event. For the sprint overall result both courses are to be run with total time being used for the standings at each event.
Prizes for the Mini winners M/W12-, and for the main Sprint - junior M/W16-, Open M/W 21+, veteran M/W45+, super veteran M/W 55+, ultra veteran M/W 70+.
Type of event: Local, Sprint
Type of terrain: Parkland
Please send any queries about the results to
Pre Event Info
Nearest town: Newby Bridge
- Grid Ref: SD381869
- Postcode: LA12 8NN
- Latitude: 54.27432
- Longitude: -2.95285
- Google Map
- Streetmap (OS 50k)
- Bing Map (OS 50k)
Directions / Parking
Parking will be in the southern National Trust pay & display car park. Parking is free for National Trust members - please ensure you scan your membership card at the parking machine to obtain your free parking ticket.
Parking charges for non-members are: £3 up to 1 hour; £4 up to 2 hours; £7 up to four hours; £9 all day
Registration & Start Times
Registration will be in the vicinity of the car park and will be open from 17:00.
Starts will be between 17:15 and 18:30.
Courses will close 19:30.
The following course options will be offered:
- Sprint A – 2.2km
- Sprint B – 2.2km
- Mini – 1.2km
Competitors entered for the combined sprint may run the courses in either order - please ensure you download after each course. The Mini course is intended for youngsters and beginners
You must download after doing your course, it is our main safety check method to make sure everyone has finished.
Explanation of colour courses
- White are very easy with all controls on paths. They are mainly used by 6-10 year olds and family groups.
- Yellow use simple linear features like paths, walls and streams. They are mainly used by under 12’s and family groups.
- Orange progress to basic use of the compass and route choice. They are ideal for novice adults or experienced youngsters.
- Light Green are ideal for improvers as the navigational difficulty begins to increase and uses simple contours and point features.
- Green are used mostly by experienced under 18’s and adults wanting a short but challenging course with a very hard navigational difficulty.
- Blue are a longer, more physically demanding course in comparison to the green. The distances are more varied between controls and the course attracts experienced orienteers.
- Brown & Black are very physically demanding and have a very hard navigational difficulty. They are for experienced orienteers only.
- Score means visiting as many controls as possible in any order in a specific time, like 45mins.
- Seniors - £5.00
- Juniors - £2.50
Family £12 (individual entries for two adults and two children under 18 from the same family)
Contacts / Officials
Planner/Organiser: Andy Robinson
Series coordinator: John Pullin 01524 781803
Safety and Risk: A comprehensive risk assessment will have been carried out by the organiser.
Runners MUST download even if they retire so we can be sure everyone is back and that we do not need to start a search and rescue.
Participants take part at their own risk and are responsible for their own safety during the event.
Help and Information: Anyone needing any advice about Orienteering should talk to the Organiser.