Conditions for SolO courses
In order to avoid potential future problems you need to agree to the following important points with regard to running the SolO courses and joining the Group.
- You are not covered by British Orienteering’s insurance when you run a SolO course using either the Routegadget or MapRunF options, because you are not competing in a registered event or activity. You are therefore running entirely at your own risk and are responsible for your own safety. During the Covid19 pandemic, you cannot expect to be rescued by a Mountain Rescue Team.
- LOC will not accept any liability for any losses you, or anyone else, incurs when running a SolO course using either the Routegadget or MapRunF options or following any course you have downloaded from the LOC website.
- LOC strongly recommends that you meet up with at least one other orienteer at the start of each course and that you wait at the finish until both of you have finished.
- You should not undertake a course in unsuitable conditions. You should carry with you clothing suitable for those conditions. You should tell a responsible person where you are going and when you expect to be back, not forgetting of course to tell that person when you have returned safely. Some of the LOC areas on which courses will be planned on areas which are very exposed and dangerous in bad weather. See the FRA website for recommended clothing.
- When running a SolO course using either the Routegadget or MapRunF options, you must abide by all the current laws and rules set out at the time by central government, particularly those relating to travelling and social distancing.
See other entries Categorised under: